RV and Tenting Campground
Our beautiful northern summer nights
and dark skies make for an amazing
RV and tenting experience that the whole family will enjoy!
Settle in at our campground this summer and join us after dark at the David Thompson Astronomical Observatory as we take you on a journey through the cosmos. The campground at Fort William Historical Park is equipped with its own astronomy centre! While you’re here enjoy a tour of our historic site, recreational activities and more.
Include 20/30/50 amp hook-ups and water.
Prices do not include HST.
All campsites include:
- Access to grey and black water dump station
- Clean showers and washrooms
- Picnic areas with tables and firepit rings
- Garbage cans and recycling bins
- Free Wi-Fi
- Access to our gift shop where you can purchase souvenirs, gifts, pop, snacks, water, ice, and firewood
- Access to the Kaministiquia River
- Paved wheelchair-accessible pathways
- Pets are welcome at campsites
- Our campground is just a short drive to shopping and dining
While you're here enjoy:
- 250 acres of breathtaking Northern scenery
- Groomed walking and hiking trails
- A guided or self-guided tour of the "World's Largest Fur Trading Post"
- Exploring the Universe from our state-of-the-art astronomy centre
- Water access to remote Wilderness Island via the Kaministiquia River
- Canoe and kayak rentals, including personal flotation devices
- Summer events, festivals, concerts and more!
Please note that recreational activities, historic site tours, events, festivals and concerts, and admission to the David Thompson Astronomical Observatory are NOT INCLUDED in the campsite fees.
"Sleep Under The Stars" family of four RV or tenting camping package is available from May 17, 2014 until September 30, 2014. Space is limited.
For more information about our campsite please call 807-473-2344 or email