|The Cantine Restaurant|
The Cantine was used to store the huge amount of liquor that passed through Fort William for consumption by Natives and Company personnel alike. It was also where the voyageurs went to receive their régale, a treat for making it to Fort William. This included a four-pound loaf of white bread, half a pound of butter and a mug of brandy. Other kinds of liquor, bacon, butter, and flour were also sold there.
Today the Cantine is a full service restaurant serving traditional and modern fare.
Fort William Historical Park
1350 King Road
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Emergency After Hours: 807-473-9750
Event Hotline: 807-473-2333
Administration Fax: (807) 473-2327
General Manager Fax: (807) 473-2336
Admissions Fax: (807) 473-2312